Apply for grants
The Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation offers more than $2 million in annual competitive grant funding.
Applications for Unity Fund grants are accepted on a rolling basis.
The bulk of our grants are grouped in cycles. Please check back and follow us on social media to learn more about upcoming grant rounds.
Grant applications open March 1, 2023, and close at 5 p.m. April 3, 2023, for
nonprofit work beginning July 1, 2023, or later.
Steps to apply:
Access the grant portal (bookmark this site).
Log on or create an account.
On the applicant dashboard, click “Apply” at the top of the page, then go to “Spring Grant Cycle 2023” and take the eligibility quiz.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code; or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grant applicant tutorials
- Collaborator tutorial (for use when multiple people are involved in completing the application)
- Grant application narrative Questions
- Documents required to upload in the application:
1. Project budget template (for optional use if you do not already have our own)
2. Most current organizational budget
3. Most current filed IRS Form 990 or audited financial statement
For a list of funding opportunities and detailed descriptions, visit the Grants page.
Community Impact Team support contacts:
- Community Impact Director Michelle Morris, for discussion of funding opportunities
- Senior Community Impact Associate Kursula Harris, for technical assistance or general inquiries