The fund grants awards to initiatives that meet the changing needs of Madeline Island in the following areas: health and safety, education, children, cultural activities and the environment. Projects that affect children and youth within these areas take a higher priority. Ongoing program support is a low priority.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be located on or provide service to residents of Madeline Island
Grants generally range from $500 to $5,000.
Fall 2023 Grant Cycle
- Application available September 1, 2023 – October 2, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
- Project begin date: January 1, 2024, or later.
- If awarded, funds would be available in January 2024. Notifications will be emailed at the end of December 2023.