The Central Mesabi Fund for Human Services was created to assist agencies that directly help low-income people cope with their basic needs and problems. Grants are restricted to agencies serving communities bounded on the west by Coleraine and the east by Mountain Iron. Priority will be given to organizations which demonstrate financial need and programmatic merit. Grants for equipment purchases or capital improvements are usually not funded. Special projects and general operating support will be considered.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be located in or provide services to the communities bounded on the west by Coleraine and on the east by Mountain Iron.
Grants generally range from $2,000 to $10,000.
Fall 2023 Grant Cycle
- Application available September 1, 2023 – October 2, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
- Project begin date: January 1, 2024, or later.
- If awarded, funds would be available in January 2024. Notifications will be emailed at the end of December 2023.