The fund encourages preservation in Bayfield by providing grants for preservation projects. The fund is particularly interested in projects that relate to building, rebuilding or reimagining historic sites and/or protecting historic places on public lands. The fund encourages co-sponsorship of projects or co-funding, such as by corporations, regional foundations, individuals or organizations.
The following are representative but not exclusive examples of projects:
- Obtaining professional expertise in areas such as architecture, planning, paint analysis and/or historic paint color consultation
- Costs of hiring a preservation architect or consultant to offer guidance on historic furnishings or plans associated with the preservation, restoration and interpretation of historic interiors
- Building preservation
- Capital investment
- Infrastructure repairs
- Paperwork costs, feasibilities studies or research costs related to historic destinations or preservations
- Lectures, publications or exhibit costs related to historical buildings in Bayfield
- Garden or park services or fountain repair or restoration (garden maintenance is a low priority)
- Archaeology costs
- Graphic design costs for historic addresses, signs and other historic aesthetic enhancements, not including murals
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be located in or provide service to residents within Bayfield or Bayfield Township
Grants generally range from $300 to $2,000.
- Application available March 1-April 3, 2023 (due by 5 p.m.)
- Project begin date: July 1 or later.
- If awarded, funds would be available in July. Notifications will be emailed at the end of June.