The Lawrence E. and Mabel Jackson Rudberg Scholarship Fund helps graduating seniors from Two Harbors Senior High School and from Duluth public and private high schools. Lawrence and Mabel Rudberg, from Duluth and Two Harbors, respectively, spent their lives teaching. Lawrence was a professor of economics, and Mabel was an elementary school teacher. They recognized the importance of higher education and wanted to help others pursue college degrees.
- Graduate of: Two Harbors High School preferred, Also Duluth Denfeld, Duluth East, Marshall School, Harbor City International School, Lakeview Christian
- Demonstrate Financial Need
- GPA: 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate strong academic performance
Scholarship Grant Range
- $5,000 up to 4 years (Total $20,000)
- This scholarship is part of the Universal Application: December 1 – February 15
- ONE Universal Application: Create a profile in the scholarship portal. Fill out the first page of the universal application to filter through all of the scholarships you qualify for.
- This scholarship may be used for expenses of post-secondary education at any accredited college, university or technical/ vocational school
- Award Payments will be mailed directly to the school/ university
- Fall Payments are mailed July 15-30
- Spring Payments are mailed December 15-30
- Transferring Schools: Please contact DSACF if you plan on transferring schools. Transferring schools does not automatically transfer your scholarship. If a transfer occurs after scholarship money has been disbursed it may take up to 90 days to reprocess the scholarship payment.
DSACF encourages scholarship recipients to seek tax advice regarding scholarships. According to the IRS: Scholarships, fellowship grants, and other grants are tax-free if you meet the following conditions:
- You’re a candidate for a degree at an educational institution that maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities; and
- The amounts you receive are used to pay for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.
Two Harbors High School preferred, Also Duluth Denfeld, Duluth East, Marshall School, Habor City International School