The Fred C. and Mary H. Lewis UMD MBA Scholarship Fund helps Twin Ports-area students with financial needs pursue a master’s degree in business administration at the University of Minnesota Duluth. The Lewises supported Duluth’s business community through work in their banks and with volunteer organizations. They created this fund to help develop future business leaders.
- Graduates from Duluth, Superior, Proctor, Esko or Hermantown
- Enrolled as full-time UMD MBA students
- Applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate Financial Need
Scholarship Grant Range
- Awards covers full tuition, books and fees
- Application is available through the University of MN Duluth MBA program
- This scholarship may be used for expenses of post-secondary education at any accredited college, university or technical/ vocational school
- Award Payments will be mailed directly to the school/ university
- Fall Payments are mailed July 15-30
- Spring Payments are mailed December 15-30
- Transferring Schools: Please contact DSACF if you plan on transferring schools. Transferring schools does not automatically transfer your scholarship. If a transfer occurs after scholarship money has been disbursed it may take up to 90 days to reprocess the scholarship payment.
DSACF encourages scholarship recipients to seek tax advice regarding scholarships. According to the IRS: Scholarships, fellowship grants, and other grants are tax-free if you meet the following conditions:
- You’re a candidate for a degree at an educational institution that maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities; and
- The amounts you receive are used to pay for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.