The Duluth Central Sports Association Legacy Scholarship Fund provides financial awards to graduating senior athletes of Duluth public high schools who reside in the geographic area traditionally served by Duluth Central High School. Applicants should be graduating seniors from Duluth Denfeld or Duluth East High Schools who live in the area formerly served by Central High School. In 2009, when the Duluth Public Schools approved the plan to consolidate high schools and close Duluth Central, the Duluth Central Sports Association established this scholarship to honor past athletes, coaches, athletic directors and the “Trojan Spirit” of Duluth’s then-oldest high school.
- Graduate of: Duluth East, Duluth Denfeld or Harbor City and reside in Duluth Central’s original boundaries.
- GPA: 2.5 or higher
- Must participate in at least six seasons of sports during their high school careers, with at least two seasons in varsity sports.
Scholarship Grant Range
- $1,000 for one year
- This scholarship is part of the Universal Application: December 1 – February 15
- ONE Universal Application: Create a profile in the scholarship portal. Fill out the first page of the universal application to filter through all of the scholarships you qualify for.
- This scholarship may be used for expenses of post-secondary education at any accredited college, university or technical/ vocational school
- Award Payments will be mailed directly to the school/ university
- Fall Payments are mailed July 15-30
- Spring Payments are mailed December 15-30
- Transferring Schools: Please contact DSACF if you plan on transferring schools. Transferring schools does not automatically transfer your scholarship. If a transfer occurs after scholarship money has been disbursed it may take up to 90 days to reprocess the scholarship payment.
DSACF encourages scholarship recipients to seek tax advice regarding scholarships. According to the IRS: Scholarships, fellowship grants, and other grants are tax-free if you meet the following conditions:
- You’re a candidate for a degree at an educational institution that maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities; and
- The amounts you receive are used to pay for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.