The Dr. Mark Rathke Family Scholarship Fund provides a scholarship to a graduating Marshall School senior who has demonstrated school and/or community involvement, leadership qualities and hardworking behavior. The scholarship can be used at any accredited college or university. Dr. Mark Rathke practiced emergency medicine in Duluth. He was an involved parent and a strong Marshall School supporter. Following his death, his family and friends created this memorial scholarship to help future generations of Marshall School students pursue higher education.
- Graduate of: Marshall School
- Must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Engage with extracurricular activities or employment
- Demonstrate Community Service/ Participation
Scholarship Grant Range
- $1,000 for one year
- This scholarship is part of the Universal Application: December 1 – February 15
- ONE Universal Application: Create a profile in the scholarship portal. Fill out the first page of the universal application to filter through all of the scholarships you qualify for.
- This scholarship may be used for expenses of post-secondary education at any accredited college, university or technical/ vocational school
- Award Payments will be mailed directly to the school/ university
- Fall Payments are mailed July 15-30
- Spring Payments are mailed December 15-30
- Transferring Schools: Please contact DSACF if you plan on transferring schools. Transferring schools does not automatically transfer your scholarship. If a transfer occurs after scholarship money has been disbursed it may take up to 90 days to reprocess the scholarship payment.
DSACF encourages scholarship recipients to seek tax advice regarding scholarships. According to the IRS: Scholarships, fellowship grants, and other grants are tax-free if you meet the following conditions:
- You’re a candidate for a degree at an educational institution that maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities; and
- The amounts you receive are used to pay for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.
Duluth minnesota marshall school