Tickets and sponsorships available for June 16 event in Ashland
ASHLAND—Tickets and sponsorships are on sale for the Golf: Fore the Greater Good Tournament on June 16 in Ashland, sponsored by the Apostle Islands-Chequamegon Bay Area Community Funds.
The event raises funds to support work of the two funds, which provide grants to nonprofits for community projects and scholarships. The funds are affiliates of the Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation. They cover communities throughout the Bayfield peninsula, including: Ashland, Bad River, Washburn, Bayfield, Red Cliff and the Apostle Islands, including Madeline Island.
Over the last three years, the funds have invested $391,000 in their communities, including:
- $190,000 to 39 nonprofits, resulting in funding for 63 projects
- $140,000 in scholarships supporting 19 students
- $61,000 in grants to 14 organizations from the Chequama-Care COVID-19 relief fund
Organizations and projects receiving support have included:
- New Day Advocacy Center
- Children’s playgrounds in Ashland and Bayfield
- CORE Community Resources’ Share the Harvest Program
- The Town of La Pointe’s affordable housing market research study
Individual tickets for the tournament cost $125, and ticket packages for teams of four cost $500. Tickets are available online. Teams registered by May 15 will be entered in a drawing for a prize.