SCHOLARSHIP CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
The James Hubert Memorial Scholarship helps Denfeld High School graduates or soon-to-be graduates pursuing four-year degrees and who have shown outstanding perseverance and determination.James J. Hubert was a native of Duluth who died serving his country in the south Pacific during World War II. His remains were only located in 2015, and were returned to Duluth in 2017, at which time a solemn and moving military funeral took place. Mr. Hubert’s sister, Mary K. Hagen, wishes to honor and memorialize her brother’s life and sacrifice by establishing the James J. Hubert Memorial scholarship Fund.
- Graduate of: Denfeld High School
- Attend a 4 year college
- SCHOLARSHIP CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
- This scholarship may be used for expenses of post-secondary education at any accredited college, university or technical/ vocational school
- Award Payments will be mailed directly to the school/ university
- Fall Payments are mailed July 15-30
- Spring Payments are mailed December 15-30
- Transferring Schools: Please contact DSACF if you plan on transferring schools. Transferring schools does not automatically transfer your scholarship. If a transfer occurs after scholarship money has been disbursed it may take up to 90 days to reprocess the scholarship payment.
DSACF encourages scholarship recipients to seek tax advice regarding scholarships. According to the IRS: Scholarships, fellowship grants, and other grants are tax-free if you meet the following conditions:
- You’re a candidate for a degree at an educational institution that maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities; and
- The amounts you receive are used to pay for tuition and fees required for enrollment or attendance at the educational institution, or for fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at the educational institution.
duluth minnesota denfeld