The fund encourages and enables organizations that provide services to disabled youth and their families, particularly in the areas of family support and respite care. The fund supports projects that:
- Reach out to youth who are disabled or families who need help caring for a disabled youth
- Improve the quality of life for disabled youth and their families
- Provide special assistance or general operating support for these efforts
The following are representative but not exclusive examples of projects:
- Agencies that house families seeking medical services for a disabled or medically fragile youth;
- Educational facilities that serve or enroll disabled youth
- Organizations that provide services to the visually impaired
- Educational institutions that provide training in special education
- Organizations that promote music, especially early rock and roll
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code or have a fiscal sponsor classified as a charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be located in or provide service to residents within: Bayfield, Douglas and Ashland Counties in northwest Wisconsin; or Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis Counties in northeast Minnesota; or the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Mashkiiziibii, the Bois Forte Band of Chippewa/Atisokanigamig, the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Nah-Gah-Chi-Wa-Nong, the Grand Portage Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Gichi Onigaming, the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe, the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe or the Red Cliff Band of Lake Superior Chippewa/Gaa-Miskwaabikaang
Grants generally range from $500 to $1,500.
- Application available March 1-April 3, 2023 (due by 5 p.m.)
- Project begin date: July 1 or later.
- If awarded, funds would be available in July. Notifications will be emailed at the end of June.